DTS

CCTV Design Advice

Hello All,

I am new to the forum but not new to the industry and I am looking for some expertise advice. I will like to first start off by saying that all of teh knowledge and experience located within the forum is truly priceless. While reading over all of the helpful advice within the forum, my brain started to redline while looking to find the best design for my next customer. I am in the process of designing and installing a 10-12 camera system for a customer with a duplex with a connecting garage. The garage is shaped just like a rectangle. If you were to picture such, the front & back of the garage are the smallest of the rectangle and the sides of the garage are the longest. The customer wants to be able to view the front, side, and back of the attached garage. He also wants to view the inside of the garage and the two front doors of the duplex as well. I am in search of a mid to high grade analog camera systems that will be reliable and provide a good looking picture quality during play back and during remote viewing. Here are the specs (I hope I cover most of them):

(1)2 cameras (IR, vandal proof)on the front/outside of the garage; Mounted approx 10-12 feet high; One camera facing east and the other facing west with the hopes of capturing individuals coming up both ends of the street. The garage is 5 houses from the corner, approx 60ft from the corner on the east side if someone was facing the entrance. I will also be placing the same two cameras in the rear of the garage for the same purpose.

(2) The owner wants the side of the external/attached garage area covered as well. There will be two cameras, one camera mounted on the side of the garage but towards the front facing the rear and the other camera mounted on the side rear of the garage, facing the front. The length of the garage is approx 90ft deep.

(3) The other cameras need will be mounted inside of the garage. The garage has internal lighting but will be dark primarily and will be affected by the seasons (Cold, Warm, etc). As previously mentioned the garage in approx 90ft deep, 10ft wide, & 10ft in height and I am not sure how many cameras will be needed to provide complete coverage. Would it be best to select 3 cameras, auto-iris lens with back light compensation (for when the garage doors are opened and it's sunny outside), suspended from the ceiling/joist, to cover 30ft or so area of space (3 cameras @ 30ft coverage each)? Or would I use more or less to for this set up?

(4) I need another outdoor vandal proof camera to cover the 2 main entrances to the apartments themselves. The doors are approx 3-5 ft apart and the camera will be mounted approx 8-10ft high

(5) I will also need a reliable, solid, mid-high level DVR to connect these cameras to as well. I have budgeted about $3000-3500 on the cameras alone. That number isn't solid so I have room to wiggle if need be. While reading throughout the forum, I see a lot of praise with the CNB line of cameras, would those be good to use in this set up? Any information or advice that one can provide will be greatly appreciated