programmergeek

VBM-24VF with IR Emmitors

I have a cuystomer that is insistant on using IR emmitors. I normally use the VBM-24VF. This is going to be used indoors so no spiders to worry about. What is the equlivant to the VBM-24VF with a IR emmitor or is something else recomended?

If it were me I would just use a seperate cheap IR illuminator. You can get some for indoor use for pretty cheap, especially if its not too far of a view.

I agree, ive used 2 of the CNB IR Vandal domes and was not pleased.

One was a Color IR versionR (V2760NIR), and the other was a more expensive True Day Night IR version (V2815NV). Not that they were bad like others I have tested, but you get a better camera with the 24VF.

If its indoors though why not just try one of these:

D2760NIR -

Ive also used the Eclipse CCTV ECl-555E indoors and it was not bad. Most IR Cameras will do okay indoors anyway inside smaller spaces.

If you are talking remote zoom then that takes the VBM-24VF out of the equation. I think it has digital zoom but I wouldnt use that as it just makes the picture look crappy. It may be hard to find an equivalent zoom camera with about the same specs as the VBM-24VF without paying a good sum for one.