djchase

PC COM PORT SERIAL

Hello,

I currently have about 8 cameras that are all BNC connectors that all connect to one serial port (COM1).

The software that I currently have isn't working. It is made by Freedom Systems, it's called Freedom Vision. I no longer have the software to install a clean copy, so does anyone know of any trial program that I can use which will detect cameras from the COM/serial port?

I know it is very old technology, but I was wondering if it is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Chase

video.thumb.jpg.f037050e04d7509ad05bb6d572ad5917.jpg

video over serial?!?! WOOOOW buddy I haven't seen that kind of equipment in almost 10 years! that's like a century in technology years

video over serial?!?! WOOOOW buddy I haven't seen that kind of equipment in almost 10 years! that's like a century in technology years

Yes, it's old, but I have to work with what I got

Is there someway cheaply I can get a few bnc connectors to go to one usb device? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

8 channels into 1 usb port.... well that would be an improvement from what you have but still not ideal. The only usb devices like that you will find are cheap, unsupported Chinese crap. If the software and drivers work at all, they will be buggy at best. Video quality will be horrendous.

Take a look at getting a couple Avermedia NV3000 pci capture cards. The best budget card hands down, at least that I have found. Excellet software and support from a name brand company. They actually have a 1 800 number for tech support... and they actually answer. Hard to find with budget equipment.

The PC you put it in must be Intel based though. I've put a couple in a P4 with as little at 1.8ghz I believe.

Pm me for pricing.

Yeah, those aren't actually serial ports. Serial ports on computers tend to be 9- or 25-pin male connectors, for one thing... what you're showing is very common for DVR cards and use 15-pin female VGA-type connectors.

What software works will depend to a large degree on the exact card and what capture chips it uses.