Samiow

DVR remote Access, (Problem)

Hello,

I have tried everything in Rory's sticky with no success,

I must point out that I am complete Novice with the CCTV DVR

I have a Had8 DVR here is the link

http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/Cricklewood/product.php?productid=21660&cat=8&page=1

My router is a D-link 2640b it shows the dvr ID as 192.168.1.4 connected

port 80 which I have portforward in my router

I am trying to view it through jpeg2000 ddns website

I entered the details as follows

mac address

ip 192.168.1.4

port 80

which does not connect,

I then enabled remote management thinking that might be the problem and rebooted the router and still no joy.

Just wondered if anybody could help/advise me,

Thanks,

Sam

Hello,

I have tried everything in Rory's sticky with no success,

I must point out that I am complete Novice with the CCTV DVR

I have a Had8 DVR here is the link

http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/Cricklewood/product.php?productid=21660&cat=8&page=1

My router is a D-link 2640b it shows the dvr ID as 192.168.1.4 connected

port 80 which I have portforward in my router

I am trying to view it through jpeg2000 ddns website

I entered the details as follows

mac address

ip 192.168.1.4

port 80

which does not connect,

I then enabled remote management thinking that might be the problem and rebooted the router and still no joy.

Just wondered if anybody could help/advise me,

Thanks,

Sam

first of all dont use a ddns to view. do that later when you have set it up. just try local first entre your local ip for your dvr. into your browser as ......http://192.168.1.4 ..... and see if it connects. who is you isp ???

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply,

My isp is madasafish.

I installed the software that came with is called Netviewer which is ok , So when I type in 192.168.1.4 up comes the menu for netviewer and I can view it . so not sure why I can't with jpeg2000 ddns .

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply,

My isp is madasafish.

I installed the software that came with is called Netviewer which is ok , So when I type in 192.168.1.4 up comes the menu for netviewer and I can view it . so not sure why I can't with jpeg2000 ddns .

if you cant see anything with you external ip i would forget jpegddns till you have sorted it just fix 1 problem at a time. and remember you will not be able to view your dvr on the external ip from your own network

Ok,

Little confused now, are you saying that I wont be able to view my dvr through jpeg2000 ddns from my laptop using my network??

Can I only view it externally

Ok,

Little confused now, are you saying that I wont be able to view my dvr through jpeg2000 ddns from my laptop using my network??

Can I only view it externally

yes thats right. and i would forget using jpeg2000ddns. you need to get remote viewing working first. if you dont then we cant help your just giving yourself a problem you dont need

Ok, well I can view it from my laptop, Both through the internet and with the Lan,

So can I assume that I will be able to from another external computer not on my network??

Ok, well I can view it from my laptop, Both through the internet and with the Lan,

So can I assume that I will be able to from another external computer not on my network??

best thing to do is call someone you know and give them your external ip to try or try from your mobile phone

Still no joy, I tried from a friends computer with no joy,

Not sure what is wrong , I was told that I have to register my DVR with ddns which I tried until I realised it was the same website as jpeg2000.ddns and that was why it wouldn't except my mac address.

it still will not connect all it shows is waiting for connection??

It is very frustrating,

Thanks

Sam

Still no joy, I tried from a friends computer with no joy,

Not sure what is wrong , I was told that I have to register my DVR with ddns which I tried until I realised it was the same website as jpeg2000.ddns and that was why it wouldn't except my mac address.

it still will not connect all it shows is waiting for connection??

It is very frustrating,

Thanks

Sam

you are right it is frustrating....... you are so tied up in setting your ddns account. you need to get remote working first then add it to a ddns account.

when you set everything up you need to get a friend to test it then (not the next day as your ip will have changed) can you not test with your mobile ...... which phone do you have ?

Ok so on the local network you can connect right?

If so now you just have to setup port forwarding, as mentioned leave the DDNS for last.

Add the DVR's IP and port 80 in the port forwarding section of your router settings.

Your ISP might block port 80 so if it doesnt work you may need to change it to something else, like 81,82, 83, 8081, 8082, 8083, etc, If you go via the web browser though with those ports you would need to do IP:PORT

From your local network, get your ISP assigned IP and test it here: Enter the IP and the port for the DVR, this will test it as if you were outside the network. If it says OK then you are good to go, next would be setting up the DDNS.

http://www.websitepulse.com/help/gadgets.server-test.html

Also according to madasafish.com they give you a free static IP, I would use that over a DDNS if you can due to the occasional downtime of free DDNS servers.

Ok so on the local network you can connect right?

If so now you just have to setup port forwarding, as mentioned leave the DDNS for last.

Add the DVR's IP and port 80 in the port forwarding section of your router settings.

Your ISP might block port 80 so if it doesnt work you may need to change it to something else, like 81,82, 83, 8081, 8082, 8083, etc, If you go via the web browser though with those ports you would need to do IP:PORT

From your local network, get your ISP assigned IP and test it here: Enter the IP and the port for the DVR, this will test it as if you were outside the network. If it says OK then you are good to go, next would be setting up the DDNS.

http://www.websitepulse.com/help/gadgets.server-test.html

Also according to madasafish.com they give you a free static IP, I would use that over a DDNS if you can due to the occasional downtime of free DDNS servers.

ok, Thanks,

I tried to enter port 80 in my dlink router and it would not work, so tried 82, still wouldn't work.

Not sure what you mean by " If you go via the web browser though with those ports you would need to do IP:PORT" ??

Thanks for your help though.

Sam

Just one thing though, I am trying to set this up from a laptop working wireless on my network, Should I do it from the main computer where the DVR is conected to the router???

Thanks.

Sam