dmor

Why can't I?

Until recently, in explorer I could just enter my IP address and from there I would log on to the GV server where I can view my cameras remotely.

I am sitting behind a new computer and tried to do that to no avail. It has been a while since I set up the software. Is there anything I need to have running on a new computer to be able to log in to the GV server other than having the IP address of the host?

BTW, I can use simpleVue Geo with my info and view my cams but nothing happens in explorer.

Thanks for any help.

Running Win7 with IE8? Try adding your server's IP address to Trusted Sites under Internet Options than restart your browser. You should at least get to the Login Screen and then be able to download the required Geo Active X (may have to disable UAC first) files into your new computer to view the cams.

Yes Simplevue uses 7.0 Activex as its much lighter, but the webpage of the Dvr will be using the version of ActiveX for that Dvr, and there is a cab that needs to be downloaded to check the versions. So that needs to be installed (unless you manually edit the webpage)

OS is XP Pro, I have even added the IP address to IE with no luck. I have no problem logging in using Multiview, it is very slow and does not provide me the info that the GV server does.

BTW, I have a dynamic IP and use the DNSClient to log in remotely via Simplevue geo and Multiview

Thanks for the replies. I will keep trying.

If you can access the server using the dipmap (or dyndns, if that's what you're using) address with Multiview there shouldn't be a reason that Live View won't work with the same address. It should take you right to the Login screen.

If you can access the server using the dipmap (or dyndns, if that's what you're using) address with Multiview there shouldn't be a reason that Live View won't work with the same address. It should take you right to the Login screen.

That is what is so baffling. What is even more odd is that my second computer at home that is networked to the host won't connect to the DV server using my ip address. That on is a Win 7 64 bit.

For your home networked computer, you just type in the LAN address i.e. http://192.168.1.XXX or whatever static IP you assigned to your server.

Have any changes been made to your local network? Router? ISP? Your server's DNS Client must be updating successfully if you can access with Multiview and SimpleView, remotely.