Soundy

Covert cam w/recording?

Got the following query from a friend:

I am looking for a motion security camera to hide in the tool room here at work. I have to sneak it in since our security officers won't put one in... union crap you know. I want to purchase a small discreet motion camera. any ideas or suggestions?

Memocam are the only products I'm even slightly familiar with (and that, just through other people's suggestions). Found some various hits online at assorted online stores, but have no idea how good or bad they are.

Any more thoughts, anyone?

I installed the memocam, its okay but its a huge motion detector. Also has a short cable coming out the back of it, which can be a pain if you gotta get into a tight corner of an attack, unless you splice it then snake that extended cable. No PC connection like advertised, or least they say IP ready and its, well, not. You can take the Micro SD card out easily enough and then place it in a PC to be read by their software, but its propitiatory file type so need to use their software. Its just still images so it plays them one at a time, not motion video. I believe there is a way to get a direct feed from the camera though, didnt go that far with it as in my case didnt need that. Would I suggest it again? Probably not. They have a megapixel version for about $100 more so not sure if that has the IP feature, but they list the IP ready on ALL versions on their site. Nice marketing hype I guess.

Maybe get a regular hidden camera then use an SD Mini Recorder instead.

Also KT&C have all kinds of little mini cube cameras which can be easily double stuck inside anything you want.

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=433

KPC-VSN500NH. They have BW models also.

optional lenses or they show the types available for those cameras when ordering

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=508