smokingjoe

Reboot Problem

Hi, I have a GV800 16 channel, Version 7.0

The DVR is set up to reboot once a day. When the screen comes up after the reboot all I see is a blue screen showing only the camera names. I can click on the configure button and click the DSP Overlay (which has a check mark by it) and then I can view my cameras. The manual says I can up grade the monitor driver or go to System Configure and disable the Directdraw Overlay.

The problem is that the Enable Directdraw Overlay is not high-lighted and it will not let me change it. Every thing else in the startup section is highlighted and can be changed. There is a box with a question mark next to this option. I click on it and it say

(YOUR VGA CARD MUST SUPPORT DIRECTDRAW OVERLAY STRETCH FUNCTION OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THIS FUNCTION). Is there a way I can disable the Directdraw Overlay to get the live mode to show after the reboot happens?

Also, what is the purpose of rebooting? It was setup this was when I got it. Do I really need to have it reboot?

Thanks Smokingjoe

Hi

First, no need to reboot every day, 7 days is fine if at all. I normally do 7 days but PCs DVRs can and have been running for much longer without reboots.

Second, is this a legit Card?

Third, it seems the video card does not support Direct Draw overlay or it is having issues. Can you get a different Video card for it? Is this XP or Win7 or other? You can disable DirectDraw overlay in the System Configure section, though cant recall 100% if that option is enabled with version 7.0. In some versions there is an option in the menu item for Tools also.

I take it that it is still recording anyway, as that is just for live view.

Rory, I remember seeing somewhere in the forum how to tell if it is a legit card but can't recall. Could you refresh my memory on how to find out?

Using XP.

I may be able to get a video card from a friend.

Directdraw is in the startup portion of the System Configure page

and I can see that there is a check mark in the box next to it but it is not high-lighted like the rest of the options are. It looks like something you would see if you did not have the rights to change this setting.

Don't see it in tools.

This happens live view mode so your right it is recording.

If it going to be alot of trouble and it doesn't matter if I reboot or not, then I think I may just disable the reboot.