Gator

GV-800 for VHS to MPEG2

Is there any way to use the GV-800 for converting VHS tapes to MPEG2 for burning to DVD?

I have version 8.2. The continuous recording mode breaks video into sgements 1 to 5 minutes long. The save to AVI results in 320 x 240 even though 720x480 was used during capture. The save avi option is missing choices on image size.

Save to AVI should be saving it in what resolution it was recorded in. Have you set the recording in the camera side to 720x480? Not just the source. I've never used 8.2 though so cant say if that is a bug or not. You should be able to downgrade to 8.12 which I know it works in, as well as upgrading to 8.31 or above. I know cards that came with 8.3 software dont work with lower versions, but as far as I know 8.2 should.

I gave up on this approach. I was hoping someone knew of generic drivers to run the gv-800 chipset. I had the camera side set to 720x480 and that's what showed when playing back videos within 8.2 application. When I went to save as avi, there weren't any resolution options showing where the instructions say different resolutions should be offered. In any case, the capture seems to be limited to 5 minutes continuous recording. Instead, I'm going to add a PCI-e capture board to my other system.

When you save as AVI there are no resolution settings, it just saves as what it was recorded as.

Yes if it kept recording longer than say 5 minutes, the file could be huge, a 720x480 file could easily be a couple hundred MB and for a surveillance system thats alot of processing.

Is this a legit card?