Bean00

Seriously? Who steals from a security show?

I was doing an install once in a gas station under construction... I left my equipment and tools in the store's office one night, came in the next morning to find things had been moved around, and pair of my wire cutters broken. So I got the DVR up and running and left a camera on the shelf beside it, then left my tools in there again the next night... and the following morning, there it was: the night watchman coming in, going through my tools, playing with crimpers and drills, opening camera boxes and checking them out...

Needless to say, THAT security company had a lot of sucking up to do.

I've seen my share of people doing really stupid things in full camera view. I can understand the public not realizing there are cameras, but all employees know there's 24/7 recording (nothing is hidden), but I think some of them forget. Here are a few examples:

1 - Employee #1 stealing cash from the purse of employee #2. Got full frontal video of employee #1 opening the purse, going through it & taking out the cash. The employee even looks up at the camera a couple of times.

2 - Customer leaves a credit card behind. Employee puts it on the side, then an hour or so later gives it to a friend who came into the store. If I remember correctly, the friend ended up being arrested later that night when trying to use it after being reported lost/stolen.

3 - Employee #1 using a credit card belonging to employee #2. We didn't get employee actually taking the card, but we got the employee using the card on the register in the store where they both worked. Of course we have great coverage on the register. We found it when employee #2 contacted the credit card company to report the card lost/stolen and got a list of charges that were made. One of the charges was in the store where the employee worked. The credit card company provided us with the date & timestamp of the transaction. Easiest "gotcha" I was ever involved with.

4 - Employee stealing a cell phone from a customer. Customer leaves it behind on the counter. Employee finds it, starts playing with it and puts in pocket. Customer comes back an hour later and employee lifts hands, shrugs shoulders & shakes head no. The next day I'm shaking my head no also, with a sigh. Customer got the phone back & employee got fired.

In all cases, except for where the person tried to use the card after it was reported lost/stolen, nobody pressed charges. I think this is one reason people who steal keep on stealing.....they get away with it and if they're caught they get away without punishment.

In all cases, except for where the person tried to use the card after it was reported lost/stolen, nobody pressed charges. I think this is one reason people who steal keep on stealing.....they get away with it and if they're caught they get away without punishment.

Totally agree.

Here even if they know there are cameras they dont check.

One guy walked up to a camera at face height at the entrance to an Alarm Monitoring company. Him and his pal were on foot, no car, he smiled at the camera just inches from it, then turned around and went about helping his pal grab stuff out the back of a truck parked there, they then ran off. Cops never showed up.

As for tools, cant even leave them in the next room on a construction job here, I turned my back on one job and turned back around my screw drivers were gone, only 3 other guys in the room!!!

One guy walked up to a camera at face height at the entrance to an Alarm Monitoring company. Him and his pal were on foot, no car, he smiled at the camera just inches from it, then turned around and went about helping his pal grab stuff out the back of a truck parked there, they then ran off. Cops never showed up.

quote]

Wow... that takes it to another level. At an ALARM MONITORING company, and the police didn't even show?

I can't decide if these guys are stupid, or really smart... judging from the comments, the general consensus is that the store owners failed bigger than the crooks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c5ZwldZAHU

Geez... I would have expected better pics of them from 17 different cameras...

LOL thats spy cameras, what you expect

I had a install in a Vegas C-store where the clerk was watching us install the cameras (including directly over the counter), and text inserters.

He then proceeded to skim the register.. that night! when we went back the following day, we were demonstrating the playback to the store owner when we came across the event.

He didn't complain about the cost of the system, after that day!

I can't decide if these guys are stupid, or really smart... judging from the comments, the general consensus is that the store owners failed bigger than the crooks:

Yet another clip to help me sell megapixel cameras " title="Applause" />

Follow it up with some of the clips here: http://www.youtube.com/user/3xLOGICvideo

or to not upload a grainy low res video of a TV news cast up to youtube.

besides they identified them with a $30 camera .. thats not bad hey