hammerjr

AVTECH AVC796ZA (8ch) problem

Hi,

I replaced my old 4ch mpeg4 AVTECH with this new AVC796ZA 8ch DVR.

The problem is that when I am playing back the videos then the channels are out of synch. I have some cameras which shows the same place but from different view. The moving of the same people or car is in delay comparing to the another camera.

Example:

moving: <----------------------------------------------- from right to left

setup: ----cam1-------cam2---------cam4-----------------

The moving of the car is from right to left.

I see the car first on cam1, then on cam4 and a bit later on cam2.

The good order would be cam2 and cam4 at the same time then cam1.

The delay of the cameras are not always the same, it is random between ~0.1 to 2 sec.

What can cause this problem? The DVR is completely useless with this "feature".

Hi Hammerjr,

Can you inform us about the firmware version you use? You can find it when you login in by IE, configuration, general tab, configure. There is a version number displayed.

Best regards,

Nick

Thank you for your reply. I tried to find a new firmware for this unit but nothing actually I have not found so much information about it (AVC796ZA).

The firmware is 1001-1001-1000-1000

Hi Hammerjr,

Thanks for your quick reply. The firmware you describe seems to be very old. I have never seen this one before... Are you sure you wrote down the correct one?

Anyhow, try an update with this one: http://www.ussscctv.com/support/AVC796A_1019.rar

You wouldn't find some much information if you use the full productcode. When you look on AVC796A, you might find more information. The Z is just standing for most advanced one. Avtech also has L for example, which has less features.

Best regards,

Nick

Yes, I know about AVC796A and AD but I am not sure that the firmware v.1019 for AVC796/AD is compatible with my AVC796ZA.

ps: The firmware version what I wrote above is correct.

Hi Hammerjr,

You can use this firmware. We sell hundreds of them each month and are used to update them frequently before we ship them out. This firmware works fine. Probably will most of the issue's be solved now. Unzip the rar file and put in on an USB disk. The update will just take a couple of minutes. Then you will also get more features on your AVtech, also online will you have more functions.

best regards,

Nick