hectyre

Advice on which DVR

Hello,

I've just rebuilt my business premises and I'm looking for a decent DVR system. I previously used one of those cheap chinese 4 channel cards from ebay in my main pc but now I'd like a more dedicated system using ip cameras. My requirements would be.

1. The more features the better, I love gadgets!

2. Poe(Power over ethernet?)

3. Manageable over the net, no keyboard or monitor.

4. Compatible with my android phone for viewing.

I have a loft room I'd like to install it into and then never have to go near it again. I don't know exactly how many cameras I'll be adding to it but it'll be at least 8 to begin with.

I planned on using a few of these for the outdoor cameras

http://www.y-cam.com/y-cam-bullet but any suggestions would be great.

My budget is around £500 for the dvr alone as I plan to add cameras as funds allow.

Thanks!

Hello,

I've just rebuilt my business premises and I'm looking for a decent DVR system. I previously used one of those cheap chinese 4 channel cards from ebay in my main pc but now I'd like a more dedicated system using ip cameras. My requirements would be.

1. The more features the better, I love gadgets!

2. Poe(Power over ethernet?)

3. Manageable over the net, no keyboard or monitor.

4. Compatible with my android phone for viewing.

I have a loft room I'd like to install it into and then never have to go near it again. I don't know exactly how many cameras I'll be adding to it but it'll be at least 8 to begin with.

I planned on using a few of these for the outdoor cameras

http://www.y-cam.com/y-cam-bullet but any suggestions would be great.

My budget is around £500 for the dvr alone as I plan to add cameras as funds allow.

Thanks!

Hi hectyre.

if you mean by going full ip cameras for your install then you need to be looking at a nvr and not a dvr. or just software from the likes of milstone.

or you could look at a hybrid dvr. just mix of ip and standard cameras. this is a good way to go if you already have cameras installed.

Hello hectyre,

i agree with tomcctv, you are looking for NVR ( Network Video Recorder), and i suggest you thinking of having Analog video recording system , isnce it has been revolutionized by Digital video recording technology, which provides crystal clear video quality and flexible storage. But stability and network ability are being core parts of remote digital video management to build up more stable and reliable security system.

Some of the main advantages of network video recorders are:

- extremely better image quality

- ease of use

- advanced search capabilities searching a video with specific date and time

- simultaneous record and playback

- no image degradation

- improved video compression and storage

- remote internet monitoring

- recording

- maintaining and more.

- manageable over i phone, but need in this case a compatible software

Network Video Recorders come in various channel camera inputs. starting with 1 channel NVR and can go up to 64 channels. The NVR has a built in multiplexer which will allow you to view all of the camera channels at one time on one screen and all the video is saved to the hard drive separately. Therefore, the conventional way of connecting a switch, quad, or multiplexer is not required with a NVR.

I hope you find these information useful

Thanks very much for the replys, your right, it seems an NVR is what I'm looking for. Do you have any recommendations as to what brand I should be looking at? The only name I know in cctv is Geovision because I have one of their DVR cards.

Thanks!