Sign in to follow this  
bob the b

Multiple feeds!

Have 8 cameras going into a dvr , using loop through off to a pc card,

i'm trying to use the 8 seperate rg59 cables to supply two pc's.

I have fitted bnc tees on the ends of the supplies and fed them to the cards(Geovision and Kodicom).

The Geo card is ok but the Kodicom shows a massive video loss,when i unplug the feeds to the Geo the kodicom is better but still shows loss on 2 cams.(change from color to b/w)

I realise amplification is the way but wondering the best way to do it?

Setup:All cams run approx 60 feet to the dvr,loop through run to pc 's is

70 feet in rg59,pq at dvr is perfect.

Checked all fittings (bnc screw on< Rory )

Yeah this is the problem I had when using the T conectors from the Iview to the Eclipse .. i didnt even bother to try another way around it I just left only 2 cameras on1 and the other 2on the other. It wasnt video loss on the Tee as if I used the T Connector but just disconect the 1st DVR, the 2nd DVR will be fine .. its something else ... Could be something to do with grounding, or some PC interference from one to the other ...

Depending on the amount of cameras, would probably need a distribution amplifier ... like 1 in 2 out, or 4 in 8 out, etc ..

Phewww!

will check connections again

Has to be said the Geo (ver 6.0) is a doddle to configure while the kodicom is a strange beast

Had quick web crawl in the UK and no-one lists this loop card.

Anyone know where i can source one?

Also using ver 6.0 can audio be captured to sync with the video? i seen a

4 channel audio record and playback card which can be added,although i have a gv-600 16 cam with 4 audio inputs?

Any of the local Geo Distributors will have the GV-Loop card. If not, I can make a recommendation in private.

Version 6.0 will not sync the audio with video. Version 6.1 and 7.0 has this feature. Although.....If you have experience with C++, you can edit the DLL files and modify the 6.0 version to include the changes made in 6.1 or 7.0. But that is a whole other bag of tricks.

scottj