rory

Problem with Light dark and bright

this dome camera I have, after a while, not straight away, maybe 30 minutes, it will start to flicker bright, then dark, then over and over ... It gets so bright you cant see nothing but white ... back and forth.

Any ideas?

I turned everything off so its all default settings, EI on (has a VF AI lens), AGC Low, Flicker Off (whatever this is!?), LL Off. Its using 12VDC plug. It has reverse polarity, supposedly. Its an OEM (yes I know) and so there is no real manual.

Rory

Had the same problem with a couple of vandal proof dome cameras w/Auto Iris. On those cameras, if you changed the DC gain control for the lens a notch it got rid of the problem. Try that.

Rory, what camera are you using? I know its an oem, have you got a pic?

I done an installation where i had the exact same problem, didn't find a solution. Would love to know if they were the same cams

Yep, okay waasnt the camera doing it .. turned out to be the wiring/DVR.

Had to close the empty ports in the DVR software ... strange doesnt do it by me... .also, even once done, one of the cameras are wired up with RG6 Aluminim braid so this is probably the issue. Ill check it again in the morning to see what its doing, but ill probably have them run RG59.

Anyway, the first camera that was doing it doesnt, but the 2nd dome is .. but probably due to wiring. I have to hook my monitor up to it direct in the AM to check ..