stevefpi

Coax cabling suggestions

I've got a 8 camera Q-see DVR setup and I want to get more sturdy cabling than what came with the cameras from q-see. I'm looking at coax but I'm confused as to which type is best?

It's just a 30fps video feed (no audio) going to each camera and all cable lengths will be 50 or 100 feet.

RG-6/U?

RG-58/U?

RG-59/U?

I'm thinking RG-59/U but wanted to get suggestions from people more knowledgable at this than I am currently.

Thanks

I've got a 8 camera Q-see DVR setup and I want to get more sturdy cabling than what came with the cameras from q-see. I'm looking at coax but I'm confused as to which type is best?

It's just a 30fps video feed (no audio) going to each camera and all cable lengths will be 50 or 100 feet.

RG-6/U?

RG-58/U?

RG-59/U?

I'm thinking RG-59/U but wanted to get suggestions from people more knowledgable at this than I am currently.

Thanks

i would just go with RG59 with power.

You mean 59U for the signal and separate cables to power the cams? I have the power cables that came with the cameras from q-see and power-wise, those work fine. It would be nice to just string one cable ofr signal and power but I can handle the coax for signal and the q-see cables for power.

Just wanted to make sure I'm reading you correctly.

Thanks

You mean 59U for the signal and separate cables to power the cams? I have the power cables that came with the cameras from q-see and power-wise, those work fine. It would be nice to just string one cable ofr signal and power but I can handle the coax for signal and the q-see cables for power.

Just wanted to make sure I'm reading you correctly.

Thanks

hi the qsee cable is poor quality if you want it to last i would just run RG59

140-1.jpg