atomb09

New guy here help needed

Hey guys I was hoping maybe you guys could help me out. I am for the most part an alarm guy and my boss has added video in the mix recently and Im having some issues. Firstly im not super educated in the video surveillance so if my wording is wrong pkease understand,I plan to get up to speed with some workshops but for now its all on my own and im in the midddle of a low budget job that is getting me crazy.

Small job 2 cameras outside bright light in the day and floodlighted at night. This is an urban location and one camera view is about 75' and the other about 25'. The building is white and reflects alot of light.

The two cameras are Toshiba IK 6210A/IK-6410 ik6420a.

lenses are DC AI Pentax 5-50mm

I ran siamese line (coax and a 2 wire positive and negative) to the cameras.

DC 12 volt transformers no ground...( I was told the ground was not crucial to making this work but in hindsight should have put one in so need to bash me.

attached to a digital watchdog 4 channel.

Outcome has been way overexposed and not pulling great focus ..

havent bothered to the seem them at night.-which im sure is terrible.

Right now the picture is less than average.

Am i undergunned or do i need to mess with the settings.

the cameras are defaulted in the settings .. Im using DC , bbc off LL off i didnt touch v phase

messed with the focus ring a bit with starnge results..

the area thats being surveilled has shade in it and bright reflecting light from wall (no direct light from sun)

I was told to grab a wide dynamic range camera to fix this ...what are your thoughts? Alkso what lens should be on this and this is not a carte blanche application.

Thanks for any aand all advice ahead of time

Can you post some stills of problem?

Those look like decent cameras, from the info I can find. Blown-out picture is usually a result of an incorrectly adjusted iris drive... there should be a small pot to the right of the LL/BLC DDIP switches, marked "Level" - try adjusting that to close down the iris and dim the picture a bit.

Grounding the transformers have nothing to do with the problem, BTW... since transformers (assuming these are actually transformer-type adapters and not switching type) physically separate the AC line from the DC output, having a ground on them would be irrelevant.