programmergeek

settings, camera looks bad

I just installed a geovision 1240 card and plugged in a CNB camera. I can't beleve how bad it look, large pixles, tree leaves have a purple hue around them. There has to be a setting to adjust, where do I find it?

What camera is it?

Is Direct Draw overlay enabled?

A couple of their bullet cameras I used had bad images, might be the same model.

It is a 24vf it is on my test bench right now it will go out the the client in a week or two. The camera is just wired using a piece of coax and an external battery to test with nothing fancy yet.

It is a 24vf it is on my test bench right now it will go out the the client in a week or two. The camera is just wired using a piece of coax and an external battery to test with nothing fancy yet.

all cnb ending vf are high end cameras. so i would do some tests first. do you have your card set to pal or ntsc (USA) ntsc. if you have it set as pal will give you bad picture and large pixals.

also plug the camera into a tv just to test the quality. and what size power supply are you using.

1-use a 12VDC or 24VAC power adapter not a battery, although a fully charged 12VDC 1A battery such as for alarms should work, just to be sure though.

2-reset all settings to default. Go into the main OSD and select the INITIAL setting. If it doesnt allow you to change it then its already defaults.

3-adjust it connected to a TV or CCTV monitor

if you have time run through this list and fill in the settings from your camera and repost it here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22735

Also what do you mean by large pixels, can you post a snapshot of it?