edselrt

GV1480 upgrade

My client wants to add some more cameras to his 16-camera GV1480 Geovision system. I have read that geovision software can handle up to 32 channels. Do I just add 1 more GV1480 card to a spare PCI slot and configure the software? The existing DVR has audio card installed but its not being used, Can i just remove the audio card to free up some space?

Thanks

why don't you just upgrade to v8.4, and add another cheap 16 IP cameras + gigabit switch?

Thanks for your suggestion. I have read your thread regarding the same topic, have you upgraded your software to 8.4 already? If i use existing software ver 8.31, do i still need a dongle with geovision ip cam?

If i use existing software ver 8.31, do i still need a dongle with geovision ip cam?

Prior to 8.4, you can only add 8 GVIP cameras without a dongle. Anything above, you'll have to purchase the dongle/license. 8.4, You can add any number of GVIP without licenses.

Prior to 8.4, you can only add 8 GVIP cameras without a dongle. Anything above, you'll have to purchase the dongle/license. 8.4, You can add any number of GVIP without licenses.

Will 8.4 work on the 8.3 cards?

Well.... You know with Geovision. Have upgraded some 650A, 1120A, 1240A systems from 8.32 and 8.34 to 8.4 without any problems (with the exception of one customer losing iphone capability. Fixed with new GV-Iview app). If your card runs 8.31, you shouldn't have a problem with 8.4

The no license 32 channel with GVIP cams is a nice plus and the On Demand Display option for live view impressed a couple of customers.

Well.... You know with Geovision. Have upgraded some 650A, 1120A, 1240A systems from 8.32 and 8.34 to 8.4 without any problems (with the exception of one customer losing iphone capability. Fixed with new GV-Iview app). If your card runs 8.31, you shouldn't have a problem with 8.4

The no license 32 channel with GVIP cams is a nice plus and the On Demand Display option for live view impressed a couple of customers.

How do you upgrade to 8.4? Do you have to uninstall the older version first? What about your old settings? Recordings? I am thinking of just adding 4 gvip without upgrading the software but if its easy to upgrade to 8.4, I might do it as well

How do you upgrade to 8.4? Do you have to uninstall the older version first? What about your old settings? Recordings? I am thinking of just adding 4 gvip without upgrading the software but if its easy to upgrade to 8.4, I might do it as well

It would be much easier to just install it over the top as opposed to uninstalling the previous version and then installing the new version. Geovision scatters a lot of random files all over the C drive.

DO NOT INSTALL OVER AN EXISTING VERSION!

Close Geo Multicam program. Go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and remove Geo main system and all related Geo programs listed. Make sure you close Control Center Server before you start or you may run into errors. Next, go to Program Files directory and delete the GV 1480 (or whatever folder).

Insert your 8.4 DVD and load in the Main System for your board (make sure it's not a clone or it's nothing but problems). All your old settings should still be in the system. Run Database Repair and start the new version.

None of your video files should be affected if your OS and Geo system are set up on your C drive and your video storage folder is in the D drive

I would always remove old Geo programs before installing a new one.

Also remove the GV folder as mentioned and I would go a step further and remove the Geo *.ini's in the windows folder.

Thanks for your help guys. Upgrading seems like a not so simple process. Since this is my first time dealing with Geovision, i would just install the ip cams and use the existing version

So I added 1 GV-BL110D to Geovision DVr ver 8.3.1. I was able to set up the Ip camera and the status column from within the setup menu displays "connected" but I can't see the live feed from the Ip camera. It just shows blank screen. I can only see the live view when using Dmmultiview. What is causing this problem? thanks

So I added 1 GV-BL110D to Geovision DVr ver 8.3.1. I was able to set up the Ip camera and the status column from within the setup menu displays "connected" but I can't see the live feed from the Ip camera. It just shows blank screen. I can only see the live view when using Dmmultiview. What is causing this problem? thanks

I was told by geo usa tech support that this ip cam will not work with v8.3.1 . I was advised to upgrade to 8.4. So sure enough, the camera work right away after upgrading. Im a happy camper

I have samsung IP camera, I'm thinking I would put this in Geovision.

What do I need for this? versions, cards, etc..

Thanks..

I tried to install the 8.4, I didn't find samsung.

FYI, I just upgraded an older (3 years old) 1480 PCI card to 8.4 with an E4500 cpu and all is working well.

I had contacted Geovision and gave them the serial number and they said it was fine to upgrade.