LQ1985

Geovision Mac/Iphone Help?

Well I finally got my GV800-8 online and can view VIA (GV-I View) App, but its about a 10sec delay is this normal? Anyway (settings) to make this run faster? Also I can not View using Safari on my mac, any other options, then buying another PC just to view?

Thanks!

Ten second lag time seems a bit high for IPhone viewing on Geovision. Worst my customers have experienced is a couple of seconds with all cameras showing and using a DSL setup on the Geo server with only 512K upload speed.

As for the Mac, without ActiveX support you're out of luck. You can setup and use Quicktime to view Geo on a Mac. Not the most elegant but it works.

Well I finally got my GV800-8 online and can view VIA (GV-I View) App, but its about a 10sec delay is this normal? Anyway (settings) to make this run faster? Also I can not View using Safari on my mac, any other options, then buying another PC just to view?

Thanks!

Couple of things...

1. Please check out this video and make sure that all of your settings match. I have not experienced such delays before. Can you elaborate? Is the frame rate slow or is the video just 10 seconds behind real time?

2. Geovision remote view requires Internet Explorer because it utilizes ActiveX plugins. There is no ActiveX for Safari (or any other browser) and unfortunately Microsoft no longer develops IE for Mac. All is not lost though as there are several things you can do. Provided you are utilizing an Intel processor you can dual boot Windows using BootCamp or you can virtualize Windows using Parallels of VMWare Fusion. Both of these options require that you purchase a Windows license but you do not have to purchase another machine. The next option would be using Quicktime to view the camera's. This is not the most ideal solution but it will allow you to view one camera at a time without having to virtualize or dual boot Windows. If you need instructions on how to do this you can PM me.