gasolina

Looking for medium priced PC based DVR system

Hi,

I have assembled myself a PC based DVR system, based on a generic chineese DVR card and 4 web cams. This card uses software named QX2006 . After about 5 months of use, I am still unsatisfied with the performance. Issue being PC-Hang, Windows gets corruputed, etc etc. No matter from which source I try to get the QX2006 its always full of virus.

Now I have decided to change my DVR card / sofware. I will be using my existing cameras.

I am now looking for a medium price range DVR card + Software, to handle upto 8 security web-cams. The O/S of my pc would be Windows XP. I would like to store data for 10 to 14 days, and for this I can install the required harddisk into my PC.

Please advise any medium quality to good brands for DVR card + softwares. The work place where its to be installed is a gas filling station. The PC and cams will be "ON" 22/7/365.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and suggestions.

Regards.

Omar

You have connected web cams to a DVR card?!

DVR cards need an analogue composite video input and usually use BNC connectors.

What is "medium priced"? What did you have in mind?

Edit:

I would recommend this: http://www.netvisiondvr.com/ProductInfo.asp?id=33

And here is something I wrote in another thread:

I have 4 cards from Hik and I love them. IVMS2000 is the original Hik Software and is good, but NetvisionDVR is better Software (google it). It is hybrid and has a very nice feature list. Quality of the recording is better than anything that I got from standalones that I tried.

The latest Netvision PC DVR that I setup is running for 2 months now and never crashed, never went stuck or caused trouble in some other way. I am running it on XP though. It is supposed to run on Windows 7 64 bit also. In the manual are steps written down that tell how to get it to run on a windows 7 system with 64 bit.