boulder38

CCTV DVR Kit network/internet connection

Hi all

Basically a customer of mine has said right heres a AVTECH AVC-785 DVR recorder. it has a network port in the back and i want it connected to my computer upstairs so i can sit in a warm place and find what the police want rather than having to sit in a cold safe room spending hours trying to find it through the useless remote control. Oh and within 2 days as it may overwrite what they need then.

So, from what i can see it is possible. Ive got the DVR connected into the network but doesnt show up in the D-Link connected devices. Ive got a monitor connected to the DVR so i can see whats on screen. I cant get to menu which is the problem ive got with getting it setup. the remote works as you can change channel with it and itll beep when you press buttons but the menu wont open up for anything!

Anybody got any ideas??

Thanks in advance from a new joiner

Hi Boulder38,

It seems that your dvr is out of the assigned network range on the dvr. I think you might get confused by the network settings. You can set settings for DHCP, Static etc. As soon as you enter the menu you will probably see static on top (standard). go with the cursor to the line with the description static (first line) and press on enter. In that menu can you set your IP, Subnet and Gateway.

After you set the settings, you should be able to connect to the dvr. In case you can't connect to the DVR, reboot it and try it again.

Best regards,

Nick

Hi all

Basically a customer of mine has said right heres a AVTECH AVC-785 DVR recorder. it has a network port in the back and i want it connected to my computer upstairs so i can sit in a warm place and find what the police want rather than having to sit in a cold safe room spending hours trying to find it through the useless remote control. Oh and within 2 days as it may overwrite what they need then.

So, from what i can see it is possible. Ive got the DVR connected into the network but doesnt show up in the D-Link connected devices. Ive got a monitor connected to the DVR so i can see whats on screen. I cant get to menu which is the problem ive got with getting it setup. the remote works as you can change channel with it and itll beep when you press buttons but the menu wont open up for anything!

Anybody got any ideas??

Thanks in advance from a new joiner

ask your customer for the admin code you are limited to parts of the dvr system with just a user code.

Thanks for reply, I cant get to the menu....

As for the Admin code ive only got the default 0000 and dont know if its changed, customer doesnt either. if it has been changed is there a way of resetting it or finding it out? I do think this is the problem!

Ive read about a hardware reset but not sure what that resets exactly?

And apologies for slow reply, didnt have an email come through about reply....

Thank You