hello,

i have bought this dvr card

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Channel-240fps-8-Audio-Real-time-H-264-CCTV-DVR-Card-/320623924408?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item4aa6acd4b8

and these 2 sirens

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220487555720&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and this alarm box

http://www.esdvr.com/product/ProductDetail.asp?id=972

i have rs232 to rs485 converter and its set ups to dctrls 8x8. i have tried everything to get this working but i cant do it. does anyone have experience in this matter and do you know how to set this up?

thank you

Umm, that's really kind of unclear. I can ASSUME from the list of equipment, that you want motion detected on the cameras to trigger an alarm siren?

Not knowing that software, I can only give generic advice, but...

You'd want to wire the power to the siren in series with one of the NO (normally open) outputs of the relay box... so, from the + wire of your power supply, to the + terminal of a siren; then from the ground wire of the siren to the common of one box output; then from the NO terminal of that output back to the ground wire of the power supply.

Then you'd connect the box to the PC, and tell the software to use that box and trigger the given output when it detects motion.

That's about all there is to it...

thanks for advice i have already done that but software doesn't allow me to turn on motion detection on specific time only to open relays or close them(on specified time) and turn on motion-opening of them but manually not on scheduled time. i have tried to open one channel on time and use it to be my main on time trigger and to open other on motion but i cant get that to work.

if you have some more advice please tell, and thanks.

You could have explained all this right off the top and saved a LOT of time...

Anyway, how about if you get a basic plug-in household timer, something like this: http://tinyurl.com/37pdz8y

Plug the power for the relay box into that, and set the timer to only turn it on during the hours you want the alarm to be active.

There are other DVR software packages that will do what you want, but it's not likely any of them will work with the card you have.

That's a cheap no-name card... I have no idea what other software might work with it. There's a good chance it's designed to only work with the software provided with it, so you're probably looking at a new card as well. I know for certain that Vigil will do what you want, but they're sold only as a complete turnkey system (you can't buy the card and/or software separately). Geovision should do it as well, but they're not particularly cheap (at least not compared to the card you have).

Someone else might be able to suggest another software that will work with the card you have and do what you want. Personally, I think simply putting your siren and/or alarm-box power on a plug-in timer will be far easier and more cost-effective, allowing you to use what you already have. If you need a more complex schedule, just use a better (digital) timer.

tom: from what I gather, he's not using PIRs, and he's not using the inputs on the box... he's using the output(s) to control his sirens, and he wants to trigger them based on motion detected on the DVR, but only during certain hours.

no i am not. i wont to use alarm box to trigger alarm when detected by my cctv cameras, specifically on time interval lets say from 8pm till 6 am etc.

no i am not. i wont to use alarm box to trigger alarm when detected by my cctv cameras, specifically on time interval lets say from 8pm till 6 am etc.

soundy know all my troubles thanks

soundy know all my troubles thanks

ok not a problem ........ dont forget the left mouse click.

then that will not work not with the set-up you have. an alarm box is for incomming to a dvr . your dvr cant send a signal out.

you would be better not using your alarm box and just use your camera to detect motion and set it to alarm and put a set of good speaker on your pc.

Tom, the "alarm box" he's using WILL do what he needs it to:

Alarm box for PC-based DVR

Alarm in: 8-port Normal Open / Normal Close Input Voltage 0 to +15V

Alarm out: 8-port Normal Open / Normal Close connector

Power Supply: DC12V 10W

Output Power: 10A / DC28V or 7A / AC220V

Communication : RS485, RS232

From what I gather, he already has this part working: motion on a camera triggers an output relay on the box to turn on the sirens. His problem is that he only wants it to work during certain hours, and the DVR doesn't have the ability to set a schedule for the alarm trigger; it's active all the time.

From what I gather, he already has this part working: motion on a camera triggers an output relay on the box to turn on the sirens. His problem is that he only wants it to work during certain hours, and the DVR doesn't have the ability to set a schedule for the alarm trigger; it's active all the time.

hi soundy. looking at the manual the alarm inputs are on the i/o box in his case 8 in or programme 8 out, so if he is not using pir or any other sensor (that can connect to the i/o box) before he gets it to do what he needs he is going to have to sort away of getting a signal from his dvr.

that's all correct, can you tell if i don't get it working by software some good digital on/off current shutter or whats it called?

that's all correct, can you tell if i don't get it working by software some good digital on/off current shutter or whats it called?

so everything is working. you have the signal from your dvr to your I/O box which on motion detect starts your sounder on and off ................ what you are looking for is a way of just having the sounder start and finish at a set time period