osucowboys46

Help with storage facility

Hi all,

I am trying to design a system for a Self Storage facility and need some help. I attached a satellite image with areas in red that need to be covered.

What they want.

16 Camera setup.

1 PTZ.

1 camera to capture license plates at the gate.

1 camera behind the desk.

So I only have 13 cameras to place to view the storage areas.

My questions are.

-How would you recommend running the wire to the cameras?

-What type of camera would be best? Box, Dome, Bullet?

-Where do you think the best placement of the cameras would be?

Thanks in advance.

Storage.png.2436633339064fba2874ef7cf7114e84.png

My first question would be, do they know WHY they want a PTZ, or is it just because they think it's cool and hi-tech? PTZs are great if there's someone there to control it... otherwise they can still only see a limited area at any given time. Even on a tour or pattern, once it sweeps past an area, you're not going to see that area again until it gets back there in its program. (Unless, of course, you get into some fancy auto-tracking stuff, but then you're really looking at spending the big money!)

Vandal-resistant domes are probably your best bet in most cases, although the license plate cam will probably need to be a box cam in an environmental housing, to accommodate a longer lens.

I count 11 or 12 "aisles" you'd need to cover along the sides of the buildings, so that falls within your count... best bet would probably be to put a camera for each one at the highest point at one corner of the building...

Thanks for the reply.

The PTZ wouldn't be used for security. The owner spends 1/2-3/4 of his time out of state/country. He wants to be able to look in when hes gone. Its not a definite though and would be the last thing we do. The back aisles would be 200-300 feet away. Can I run cable that far? I thought about box cameras with 10X zoom and install them on one of the closer units looking down the aisles. Thanks again.