dcam

V8.31 cant access Viewlog

hi

I have recently installed v8.3.1 on 3x of my clients computers to facilitate viewing in Iphone. Iphone works really good,but now he cannot access "viewlog" remotly. I have tried but also I cannot view it , not only that but I cannot view viewlog on any of my other clients dvr's which are all running on v8.12.When I put in the password I get " authority error please try with correct id+password" or "unable to connect to server please verify its current ip address + port no. " I also get the " Remote Viewlog and Remote Storage System " option when I try to access a dvr running on 8.12. This is not normal

I can access all dvr's on control centre including viewlog, although it is slower to access the dvr's on v8.31, somtimes it times out and won't connect .

V8.12 was always very stable but I have opened a can of worms with v8.31.

any ideas

Remote View Log for Ver 8.31 uses port 5552 running under the Control Center Server in the Geo software and needs to be forwarded thru your router. Make sure the CCS program is running along with Web under Networks. You may have to configure CCS to run at startup.

If memory serves, Ver 8.12 uses port 3550 for remote view and 5066 for Remote Playback and used a different program. You may want to reconfigure your older systems ports for the newer Remote View Log program.