Sign in to follow this  
sirotz

Where do I find BNC backplanes!!!!!

New to the site hopefully after some searching I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. So quick background

I work for a storage company that builds our own DVR's for our sites. We just acquired 6 more sites that are in SEVER need of our upgrades. Our typical hardware software is the Hikvision/Netvision. Owners love it, we love it, and managers love it. Does everything we need but uses those dang breakout cables like alot of dvr systems use. Our systems range from 16 cam to 48 cam.

The new capture cards finally allow internal connection to BNC backplane's and we want to do this. Problem is who makes the freaking backplanes. Istar USA makes great cases with the cutouts for them but they have no idea who makes the backplanes. Neither does hikvision.

We acquired a busted up digiview system with one of the sites and they use the istar case and a backplane with the same pin configuration that the hikvision cards use. They were made by say security but they tell me they can only provide a 16cam backplane. I need at lease 32 (48 might be too messy).

Please if anyone can help let me know. I added a link to the Istar 4u case and it's optional backplanes.

http://www.istarusa.com/rackmount_chassis/product/D-400SE/4U_Compact_Stylish_Rackmount_Chassis.aspx

Huntec used to (maybe still does) sell cases to Aventura Technologies (now HikVision). It might be worth a call, they made cases that accepted the backplanes.

http://www.huntec.com/

I don't recall my rep's name, haven't bot from them in at least a couple of years. They have a 'backplane' tab on the left, and particularly funny is their bad credit customer list

Huntec was always easy to deal with.

FWIW, we're switching from 4U cases to Mid-ATX cases - size might not be an issue with your customers, but mine seem to like smaller for the most part.

Awesome I will start there. It's really funny on how hard this is to find out. Thanks for a bit more direction. I will post my results after contacting them. As long as we can stay off of the bad credit customers

It's funny that you are switching to mid-size from 4U. I'm doing just the opposite. I loved the 3U cases we were using and it worked well except the sorta server room they always provided me was always extremely inadequate for cooling of any kind. With a 48 cam system and all passive cards things were starting to get a bit well...odd. Im hoping the 4U is going to give a bit better overall performance in terms of cooling.

Although the old Honeywell's burned up faster then anything I've done. It is one advantage to being in house.