Sign in to follow this  
Bipassana

Surveillance system for city area

Hi I am new to this forum. I've already installed CCTV for small homes and have used 5-6 wireless cameras using 8 channel DVR.

But now I've got a big project. I need a CCTV surveillance solution for the busiest part of my city. The surveillance system should cover around 500 km and should cover the whole area regardless of how many cameras are needed.

Since it is the busiest part of a city, we have problem with wiring as it gets messy. So can anyone suggest me the ideal surveillance solution for the area which is economic and cover all area with less trouble with wiring? What kind of camera should i use?

I'd be really grateful if you guys help me out.

Hi I am new to this forum. I've already installed CCTV for small homes and have used 5-6 wireless cameras using 8 channel DVR.

But now I've got a big project. I need a CCTV surveillance solution for the busiest part of my city. The surveillance system should cover around 500 km and should cover the whole area regardless of how many cameras are needed.

Since it is the busiest part of a city, we have problem with wiring as it gets messy. So can anyone suggest me the ideal surveillance solution for the area which is economic and cover all area with less trouble with wiring? What kind of camera should i use?

have you opend your christmas crackers early and posted the joke. 500km i take it is square miles (310 miles) yes i should think your wiring will get messy. for someone who has only done houses i would walk away from the job.

look at the cost for a start ...... look at the manpower.

have you opend your christmas crackers early and posted the joke. 500km i take it is square miles (310 miles) yes i should think your wiring will get messy. for someone who has only done houses i would walk away from the job.

look at the cost for a start ...... look at the manpower.

Sorry mate, I mistyped. Its 500 m only. So i am planning to have around 50-60 IR cameras. But I have no idea what type of camera shall I use as wired option will be messy and troublesome while the wireless option is expensive. Can you plz suggest me the best option?