KSML

Remote CCTV for UK wide locations.

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the above topic.

I am looking to install 2-3 camera in 5-10 different locations throughout the UK.

All the locations have ADSL installed in them

I am looking to be able to view these from anywhere in the world on one system (over the web)

Some camera will be located inside but most will be external.

Can anyone point me towards such a system and suggest any camera to use?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the above topic.

I am looking to install 2-3 camera in 5-10 different locations throughout the UK.

All the locations have ADSL installed in them

I am looking to be able to view these from anywhere in the world on one system (over the web)

Some camera will be located inside but most will be external.

Can anyone point me towards such a system and suggest any camera to use?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

a simple way would be to put a 4 channel dvr in each location and then use a CM software to monitor all dvrs together. take a look at the eb3004 avermedia with there cm300 software.

Thanks I will have a look at these. Is there a unit that does more than 4 cameras. Possibly up to 10 that is compatible with cm300 software?

Thanks I will have a look at these. Is there a unit that does more than 4 cameras. Possibly up to 10 that is compatible with cm300 software?

yes you can go 4-8-16-32 also going hybrid will also let you just install ip cameras at 1 location and the recorder somewere else. so if you have 10 locations you dont need 10 recorders

With regards to installing IP camera in 1 location and recording else where, does this require a VPN from the installed location to the recording location or just ADSL access in each location?

With regards to installing IP camera in 1 location and recording else where, does this require a VPN from the installed location to the recording location or just ADSL access in each location?

hi KSML you just need ADSL . who is your ISP

Opal in both all locations

opel is not a problem as they give static ip addresses.

it depends on your budget as to which way you go. what are you protecting ..... in the uk

Hi,

the purpose of this CCTV setup is to allow cameras to be installed in a few different locations around the country which can be viewed remotely by a security guard working in a different site to reduce the need to have security in every site.

Initially I am looking to setup up to 10 camera's (internal and external) in the main location where the security is located and also install 4 cameras in a remote location which will allow all camera to be viewed on one system in the main location. Preferably with some sort of monitor for movement in the remote location displaying in the main location.

I do currently have camera and recording systems in each location but these are very old and stand alone. I may (and would) hope to be able to reuse the camera in place and replace some (but not all) the camera. If this works successfully then it will be a phased roll out to another 5 or more site.

thanks for your response.

I also have a secure VPN between the main site and each remote sites so will internal IP addresses work?

Hi,

the purpose of this CCTV setup is to allow cameras to be installed in a few different locations around the country which can be viewed remotely by a security guard working in a different site to reduce the need to have security in every site.

Initially I am looking to setup up to 10 camera's (internal and external) in the main location where the security is located and also install 4 cameras in a remote location which will allow all camera to be viewed on one system in the main location. Preferably with some sort of monitor for movement in the remote location displaying in the main location.

I do currently have camera and recording systems in each location but these are very old and stand alone. I may (and would) hope to be able to reuse the camera in place and replace some (but not all) the camera. If this works successfully then it will be a phased roll out to another 5 or more site.

thanks for your response.

well cm software is the way for you to go. and you can also use your existing cameras. how it works is you change your existing dvrs that you have and in locations were you have nothing you install ip cameras. that way your security can call all cameras back to one location. you can also set your location cameras with alarm functions to alert your security of anything happening.

if you wish to see a system working with cm working just pm me.