giri2007

how to configure DigiNet Model 4404

Hi Everybody

I am really new in Networking and Port forwarding .I recently installed DigiNet Model 4404 DVR system and I am having a LinkSys WRT160N router ..

I tried to do the port forwarding to my DVR Using google reading

They says I have to set up my DVR IP address 192.168.1.2 to range of .255 if my current ip address is 192.168.1.1 ..But I couldn't find where is my DVR s ip address linrk ?

Can Any one help me with this "Create or modify the DVR s ip address in the setup there is no bars calles network or ip address but I see a tab called Modem ....

And the say to put set up DVR s port id on Routers port forwarding bar ...but there is 6 different pors in different name in my DVR which one I should use

It will be help ful if some one help me with these questions

Thank you

Giri

What OS are you using? My example is Windows XP

I think your routers IP will be 192.168.1.1

Your DVR PCs IP will most likely be 192.168.1.2 ( assigned by router, if its only your one PC on the network)

So access the router via web browser of choice, open all the ports listed, yes all 6, and save.

So you are forwarding those 6 ports to your PCs IP - 192.168.1.2

If you want to manually assign the IP on your PC, turn off DHCP in router, and set the IP in control panel>network connections>Local area networks>Properties>Internet protocol>General>Use the following IP address - enter your details here - 192.168.1.2, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway=192.168.1.1, use the following DNS server= 192.168.1.1

Save