samia123

Remote DVR HIKVISION

Hello friends and friends.

My problem is that I can not access my DVR Hikvision via the Internet.

When I type my address that I create with dyndns I am well on my DVR interface, but it refuses my password. I changed and I do tantatives from the LAN it works, but not from elsewhere The DVR rejects any password (login failed)

Any idea?

Hi, welcome to the forum. Only one thread on the same topic is required, please dont post the same thing over and over. If someone on here knows the product and can help they will see the thread no matter which sub forum it is in. Hikvision is not as popular on here as some other DVRs so it might take a little time for a reply.

If it works on the LAN but not from the internet, it's possible you don't have a port forwarded that the DVR requires - many use port 80 for an initial webserver connection, then use other data port(s) to communicate authentication, video, etc.

As a quick test, you can try setting the DVR's IP as a DMZ (demilitarized zone) in your router - that will fully open it up to the internet. Try your remote connection and see if it works that way.

Definitely try what Soundy mentioned.

Also if you are up to it, open up the router for remote administration and using the DDNS name try to connect to it from outside. You dont actually have to go outside just test it at this link:

http://www.websitepulse.com/help/testtools.server-test.html

The port must be the same as in the router, eg remote admin on the routers are most times 8080

Another thing, though I dont know this DVR and not seen it before on a DVR, it could be blocking outside access, outside of the LAN.

Verify that the ports in the networking settings of the DVR match the ports you have forwarded. Also, make sure you can access the DVR locally because if you can't hit it inside your network you definitely won't be able to hit it externally. On most Hikvision DVR's the two ports you have to forward are 80 and 8000. If you don't forward 8000 you'll be able to hit the login screen but you won't be able to login. I'm not certain what the exact error is but it sounds like that might be your issue.

Hikvision DVR indeed need 2 ports forwarded on your router, by default 80 (web) and 8000 (data). As Kaizen says, the only thing that I think you might have wrong is that, if it works on lan, with the same user/pass it should work from internet if both ports are correctly open...