Sign in to follow this  
nickCR

Help choose wireless products for project.

Hello All,

So we ( a 121 home residential complex ) are almost ready to pull the trigger on our CCTV system. The map of our complex is attached.

I would really welcome comments / recommendations on which Ubiquiti wireless products to use to network the blue points to the red dot.

Multiple points can be wired into one router which is connected via wireless to the main collection point ( the red dot ).

The blue arrows are the fixed IP cams (Vivotek IP7330). The half circle on the bottom of the map is intended to be a PTZ (Vivotek SD-7151) however i'm starting to think I should switch it out for two fixed cameras. If the dome isn't in the viewing area of something going on then it won't catch it. If we put fixed cameras there then we'll capture everything.

I am also debating changing the fixed IP7330 cameras for AXIS M1113 which will need an enclosure. However maybe there are other cameras that would do a good job.

Basically I would love to see that the system could handle H.264 video on all channels and have the capacity to add more cameras in future.

Line of sight shouldn't be a problem since the red dot is really the highest point on the property and we can put the Ubiquiti Antennas on the roofs.

The furthest point is about 400 mts from the red dot.

I think in future we may want to have megapixel cams in certain areas that require more visibility, but that is certainly a down the road thing.

Software is pretty much determined to be eXacq.

Thanks in advance!

Nick

cameras-map.png.b3b7afbcdbca8554e126b6144203067e.png