WildCard

What outdoor cam would you suggest for a restaurant car lot?

Customer wants to reasonably catch what happens outside the store, but doesn't need to have it so clear as to catch license plate info in detail. Pretty much just to watch and record what happens to be able to show police if there is any problem.

My cam vendor suggested a color vandal proof dome (accudome a200ir model), but figured for that price I might do better quality and use with a day/night infrared cam that looks almost like a police radar gun. A bullet might work well too.

Or do you guys suggest a box cam in one of those fugly housing boxes?

-WC-

how is the lighting? if lighting is good, any low light camera with a mechanical filter will do. if not so good, i recommend the $200 (eclipse 598HIM) - $350 (Speco7706DVN). do a search to get more info on where to buy.

Whatever you do, stay away from Domes with built in IR ... use a seperate source of IR, or use some motion lighting.

Bullets for some reason dont seem to have the same problem and the ones VST listed would work, but if you want vandal proof, your only choice for a good set up is a vandal proof BW or Day Night Dome (w/ IR Cut Filter), and a seperate source of lighting. If you dont mind the washed out color in the day, and less crisp BW image at night, eclipse has some cheap day night Vandal Proof Domes also, available in low res, or high res varifocal - I sell these for the real budget jobs.