shieek

Night Owl CAM-4CMMR Lens rplacement problem

Hello, I recently replaced the lens in my Night Owl CAM-4CMMR camera to a wider angle lens (their original one was not as advertised) and the camera works great in the daylight but I've lost the ir (night) viewing altogether. Can someone talk me through the correct steps as I plan to try again with another camera but don't want to mess this one up as well. In a nutshell, I opened the case, unscrewed the old lens and replaced it with the new lens but (obviously) messed up something in the process. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers!

You probably put in a lens with a built in IR filter(non-removable) so the camera can no longer see IR light.

If you tell us what the replacement lens make/model is we can confirm.

You probably put in a lens with a built in IR filter(non-removable) so the camera can no longer see IR light.

If you tell us what the replacement lens make/model is we can confirm.

my guess too

Thanks for the quick responses. niran916, I ordered the lens you suggested and am waiting for it now. As far as the lens I put in, it is a Swann Wide Angle 90 degree Lens. Can anyone suggest a fisheye lens for these cameras as well? Many thanks !