Sign in to follow this  
teech

Need advice for a pro & budget DVR please..

Hi,

Would be extremely grateful for any advice and recommendations please.

I have a client who wants a 'high-end professional' grade 16-way standalone DVR for their warehouse. It needs all the 'bells and whistles' from POS, PTZ, D1, reliable motion detection, iphone app, USB backup only (they don't want DVD-RW), etc. Will use at least 6TB HDDs. Also, is there anything higher than D1 at the moment?

They also want a budget 8-way standalone DVR for their offices indoors with no fancy features except iphone app if possible, and just guaranteed quality and reliability.

GUI on both models have to be simple and straight forward as they said a few of their employees will be accessing them both in the office and remotely and not all are IT proefficient.

They asked me that both models need to have some sort of protection/backup system if there is a power cut..is this possible?

Thanks a million

Regarding power backup. This is usually done via a UPS system. There are many manufacturers of these including Tripplite, APC, and Minuteman.

If they want backup, its a good idea to qualify how long they want the backup to be able to run for. The price can get pretty high if they want hours of backup time.

I missed your comment about higher than D1 resolution.

While HDcctv is starting to launch products, the offering is still small and it's somewhat unproven technology.

IP is pretty much your only option for higher than D1 resolution.

Thanks Bean. They want about 30-60mins backup as security/maintenance should within that time sort it out.

Thanks also for the info about HDcctv. They said they want an analog system and not IP based, so I guess D1@30fps should be ok for them.

Thanks wireguys, I'll check them out.

Thanks Bean. They want about 30-60mins backup as security/maintenance should within that time sort it out.

Thanks also for the info about HDcctv. They said they want an analog system and not IP based, so I guess D1@30fps should be ok for them.

Thanks wireguys, I'll check them out.

Hi teech. what is your buget. you are looking at two systems. if your warehouse and office are together you may be better off buying a 32 camera system to cover everything.

what i would say is look at going hybrid.

there is a point to were you listen to a customer and then you have to educate them. going hybrid is better than staying anolog good ip cameras can mean less and are ideal for a warehouse situation. you are best finding out the full budget first.

Check your PMs too while your at it