RSTePos

Hikvision camera question

Hi Terrance

My name is Darryl, I'm currently in Northern Ireland and I have a new Hikvision DS-2CD7133-E 4mm camera using a PoE switch. According to the specs it has a 3-axis adjustment but when I connect using the web browser the PTZ controls have no effect The picture is great and I can zoom in (but not out again without resetting the camera). Any idea what it could be (maybe firmware?) or is there anything I can do to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Terrance

My name is Darryl, I'm currently in Northern Ireland and I have a new Hikvision DS-2CD7133-E 4mm camera using a PoE switch. According to the specs it has a 3-axis adjustment but when I connect using the web browser the PTZ controls have no effect The picture is great and I can zoom in (but not out again without resetting the camera). Any idea what it could be (maybe firmware?) or is there anything I can do to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

PTZ

2010062811295128915-1.jpg

Based on the groundreakingly hillarious use of graphical smiley content by good ol' Tomcctv guy I'm just gonna go ahead and assume they mean manual 3-axis adjust!

Cheers!

The "PTZ Controls" in the Hikvision interface are for digital PTZ. Not all their cameras support it, but the interface layout is common to all the cameras (and the DVRs, I believe), so they all have the controls present, whether active or not.

Based on the groundreakingly hillarious use of graphical smiley content by good ol' Tomcctv guy I'm just gonna go ahead and assume they mean manual 3-axis adjust!

Cheers!

to be honest RSTePOS. you should have seen when fitting the camera that you could see it was not a PTZ.

you fitted the camera you should know its manual adjust.

No worries Tom, I never actually installed the unit myself. I guess I could have cracked it open for a better look before posting.

Anyway, thanks for the input guys!