Is it possible to use a modulator plugged into an aerial socket?

I usually put them in the loft and have the aerial in and out but i have heard it is possible to put the modulator anywhere on the aerial loop.

So this got me thinking can i use the wall socket which is in just the right place somehow????

an RF Modulator? And whats an Aerial Socket? I Normally just plug them into the nearest electric socket

Yes, i was wondering if it was possible to use the modulator, which i'd normally put up in the loft, in the wall socket which the tv aerial to the telly goes in.

Therfore saving me runnning cables up to the loft.

As long as the modulator goes between the antenna and the TV you are ok. If you have multiple TV's then you have to put the modulator in line before the antenna splits off to the various TVs. You could have the modulator sitting on top of the TV, the antenna feeding into the modulator first and then going into the TV if you are only going to use it on that TV. Make sure whatever channel you are going to use is blank and you also might experience interference on the channel above and below the channel you are using depending on how close their frequencies are to the channel being modulated.

Sounds about right.

If you need to distriute between all tv´s you will have to fit the modulator into the main feed Bfore it feeds the amp,you can fit it anywhere to supply a single tv.

Best to pick a channel which is 5 channels (each side) away from a signal as interference will play havoc with it.

You can use a pass filter connected to the main aerial which will remove the weak signals which normally render modulators useless!