Sign in to follow this  
Fiona

PELCO KBD960 keyboard cable inputs diagram & Zoom?

Anybody got a photo or diagram of the back of the PELCO KBD960 controller.

Pelco Manual does not show the inputs.

ftp://ws2.pelco.com/ProductManuals/C1519MC.pdf

Does the PELCO KBD960 use a 3-axis joystick?

The manual seems to indicate that the joystick only performs a two axis control (X-axis, Y-axis) ie. Pan tilt and no zoom capability.

Power input for a US sourced controller. PDF not very clear. Do they take a 110/230 volt plug or 12 volt or what?

Power input for a US sourced controller. PDF not very clear. Do they take a 110/230 volt plug or 12 volt or what?

Via COM1

Adapter, like "POE" is included with keyboard.....

You not carefully read manual. Page 11:

Power.thumb.jpg.026787b24755f3b483fad2096ccfeb8f.jpg

Thanks for explaining that to me. I read Page 11 very carefully before I posted the question. I saw the diagram but it didn't make any sense and it certainly does not show the back of the KBD960. (The Pelco diagram doesn't match your photo.) And asking how the power enters the controller is a reasonable and valid question. I've never seen a power input enter via a RS 485 port and I can't seen why Pelco would do that. Why couldn't Pelco use a 24 vac input that runs off a standard cctv power box rather than another mickey-mouse tack-on power supply - just something else to breakdown.

Sometimes I wonder why surveillance companies make their products so esoteric, then I realise that it is intended to keep John Q. Public out of the loop. So much of all of this could be explained in simple and precise language but, of course, if that happened, the control of sophisticated CCTV would be lost from the elite inner crowd who have all the knowledge.