destro_23

New Year New Questions! WDR and IP megapix.. Do they exist?

This year i plan on switching my cameras to megapix in my personal business I have one megapix cam over the register and want to switch the rest out. BUT my place is ALL windows.. and blows out cameras during different points in the day.

So my question is... are there WDR IP megapix cameras that actually work well? if so... any examples? Or can i mask a top section of a camera in software to NOT focus or use a certain area that is blinding it?

or do i just go for the CNB 34VF's?

WDR is all a matter of signal processing, so there's nothing about megapixel sensors that prevent it from being done... just a matter of design and cost.

Panasonic has megapixel versions of their SuperDynamic cameras... check out the WV-NP502, or the dome version, WV-NW502. I've tested the NP502 and it works great (although I found cranking the ABS and BLC settings worked better than using the SD5, at least in my test setup).

thanks for tips... both look great... and the sony examples of "view-dr" tech on youtube look great. same for Panasonic's.. the only issue for me is they are just under 1k each. i'm going to need something in the $500 each range to be able to give a number that client won't have a heart attack on.

so Acti's 3401 and 3511 domes seem to have a wdr feature.. just wonder how good they actually are.

I may pitch a system to a big retail store that is opening up soon and will def think about having one of those point at front door.

...i plan on switching my cameras to megapix in my personal business...

...i'm going to need something in the $500 each range to be able to give a number that client won't have a heart attack on

So wait -- is it for your personal business, or for a client with a $500 budget?

sorry.. both for me, and a neighboring sunglass business that has a similar layout as mine. i'm thinking 2 different things here when i started looking at the youtube clips.

1k per camera is a little steep for my place/ I'd rather do an all inclusive trip to the dominican right now then another snow storm hitting me in jersey. soo $500 per camera is my budget, so i'll start doing the research now. But the sunglass store wants a (money) face shot pointing right at a glass door... lots of windows. when someone steals something from her.. it's usually a few hundred dollar pair of glasses. And then i was thinking about a few retail stores going up near me. And maybe i'll pitch something to the General contractor... sorry i'm all over the place with ideas right now.

Thanks for the Reply... i'll check those out.

But now i'm looking at the sony view-dr tech.. and the panasonic ones... BUT i'm wondering if there is a 90 deg lens for the panasonic this way i would only buy one instead of 2.

My place is L shaped with the door being at the corner so instead of having 2 cameras on each end pointing at the door have one at the door 90deg pointing the other way... BUT may not be able to grab face on way in... just on the way out.

Soundy have any video of those pany's? with typical window lighting blowing out the shot?