Zseen

Quick question

Hey guys I am new here, I am glad I found this forum, but I have a quick question maybe you can answer ...

I bought 2 of these cameras - VideoSecu 540TVL Outdoor Infrared Day Night Home CCTV Security Camera 1/3" SONY CCD High Resolution 54 Long range IR Leds 16mm Lens 1000MA Camera Power Supply 1PT

Link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X9QD22/ref=oss_product?tag=gpse-20

Used this PCI card : Q-See QSDT4PCRC 4 Channel H.264 PCI DVR Card - (There software sucks, SuperDvr)

Link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8IF4/ref=oss_product?tag=gpse-20

I get this image : test.jpg

Now for my question... If you can see the right side of the image is a newspaper... that paper is approx 40ft from the camera. To me is seems like the camera is zoomed in to much, (I can't zoom it) or is this the picture I should get...

I thought I would pickup a wider view (

well crap... I guess i wasted my money cause i was thinking the other way around

Ill have to find a camera with better wide angle cause I can't see nothing lol

Thanks for the reply

I have 2 more slots in my PCI card... What cameras do you guys recommend for in the 4 - 6 mm lens range

TIA

Check the CNB line of cameras, they are well accepted on this forum and should fit within your budget. I would recommend that you get a vari-focal lens as opposed to a fixed focal lens like you got, this way its a little more versatile for your field of view.

Also check KT&C as they have a better line of Bullet cameras and mini cameras than CNB.

ok i have google those those 2 models and I have been to there site, but where do I buy them or even compare prices?

I can't seem to find the camera for sale.

I hate asking all these questions, sorry bare with me please as i don't want another $350 mistake

also, do i have to use the software that came with my card or is there better? SuperDvr that came with it is really crap IMO...

Thanks guys you have been a world of help so far.

I dont recommend cameras anymore but maybe someone else can.

There are alot of brands out there, CNB and KT&C are manufacturers direct from Korea, unlike some OEMs in the US for example reselling under their name - therefore the price is normally much cheaper (not saying the OEM cameras arent any good, I use some myself). CNB and KT&C is on almost every retail site.

Lens wise, you got a really long zoom there at 16mm, 4mm and less is wide angle. 3.6mm is typical on fixed lens cameras. You loose some quality with the wider lenses but its worth the extra view. Make sure it is 1/3" and not 1/4".