coolsamshil9

CCTV urgent plz.

Dear friends,

i need an help in setting up cctv . basically i am residing in UK. my house is in india in a village. we have many robberies in my area. police are not much help to us and the villagers. i wanted to setup a cctv in my house in india ( where no one lives in it) so that i can watch from uk. now we dont have any broadband internet connection.

i was just thinking if theres a camera /cctv which uses gprs which i can install in my house and than i can watch from uk in pc or mobile . or the last resort was to keep a mobile with camera fitted in my house which uses slow gprs internet , but i think it would expolde if i keep that mobile in india with power plugged for 365 days .???

or any suggestion for you.. where we got broadband in uk but only gprs phone internet in india. how to i fit security cameras?

Dear friends,

i need an help in setting up cctv . basically i am residing in UK. my house is in india in a village. we have many robberies in my area. police are not much help to us and the villagers. i wanted to setup a cctv in my house in india ( where no one lives in it) so that i can watch from uk. now we dont have any broadband internet connection.

i was just thinking if theres a camera /cctv which uses gprs which i can install in my house and than i can watch from uk in pc or mobile . or the last resort was to keep a mobile with camera fitted in my house which uses slow gprs internet , but i think it would expolde if i keep that mobile in india with power plugged for 365 days .???

or any suggestion for you.. where we got broadband in uk but only gprs phone internet in india. how to i fit security cameras?

it would cost you lots of money. will gps even work there ???? why not make money out of your problem and rent your house out.

GPS would work anywhere... but he's talking about GPRS (wireless data). But you're right, that would probably get pretty expensive, with the amount of data involved. PTZ would be highly impractical over a wireless uplink, too.

A bigger question for the OP, to me, would be, what do you hope to accomplish? Okay, you'll be able to dial in from 4500 miles away, to see what's going on around your house... on the off chance you just happen to be watching (and looking in the right direction) when a burglary goes down, then what? You phone 4500 miles to the police station, to get someone who's "not much help" anyway?

I'm sure there's a little peace of mind there having the camera, but frankly, unless you're sitting watching the camera constantly, the only thing you're going to see is the aftermath of a robbery, hours or possibly days after the fact.

BTW, you only need to post once - posting the same questions in multiple forums will not get you a quicker response.

If you have a regular phone line thats another option

http://www.vdomain.com/products/neteye_gold/default.asp

Model Number - NetEye Lite

Video Inputs - 4 BNC

Audio inputs - 4 Phone jack

Alarm inputs - 4 Terminal block

Relay Output (SW controlled) - 4 Dry contacts

Video outputs (PAL/NTSC) - 1 BNC

Audio output - 1 Phone jack

Serial communication for elemetry - 1 DB-9 RS -232/485

Internal modem - Optional

Voltage - 110/220 VAC

Still compression - JPEG

Video stream compression - H-263

Frame rate (for 56K modem) - QCIF up to 15 fps, CIF up to 10 fps

Input impedance (Selectable) - 75 Ohm or High- Z

Video standards - EIA/ CCIR, NTSC/PAL

Dimentions w/d/h - 220/150/55mm

Weight - 950gr

yes,u can see indias camera in ur iphone camera..just simple buy tata photon usb net pen like (virgin net usb in uk)..and buy cctv set.and configure the all setting.

get a good insurance cover...or u could hire some guy in India to install the system for u on Annual Maintenance charges (AMC). A good system will cost around 75000Rs with a good UPS backup (dont buy an Invertor only) and a monthly charge of Rs840/-(phone charges extra) for a broadband connection +30$ a year for a dyndns so that u can view it 4500 miles away. This way you can keep a check on the AMC guy too if your systems working properly. But before you set it all up you need a seperate room for the AMC guy in India who will have a key (maybe a friend could keep it for u) to ur house/ room for putting up all the equipment.