ou812

avtech max hard drive size; newest firmware; sata converter

I have a dvr1615n I got thru scd. It's an avtech, (I believe model 787) and I have the stock 250gb hd and a 400gb slave. Worked flawlessly for almost 3 years. Lately I keep getting Warning scanning disk message and then it restarts, setting alarm off regularly, and it seems to be only when it's recording on the slave drive, so I am assuming the drive is going. Just a couple of questions:

1. What's the max size hd this will support? Was thinking on getting a Seagate 1tb or at least a 750gb.

2. I can't find the avtech sata ide converter in stock anywhere, is there any other one that is compatible, or is there any place I can get the avtech sata01? There are several others available but what ones will work?

3. What's the latest firmware version for this dvr?

Thanks in advance

Someone here mentioned that an sata ide converter will work as long as it's chipset jm20330 (may have numbers wrong)? Is this correct? Also does it have to be SMART?

Someone here mentioned that an sata ide converter will work as long as it's chipset jm20330 (may have numbers wrong)? Is this correct? Also does it have to be SMART?

you will find more info here than from SCT. SCT telford sold the AVTECH 761ASV might be worth giving them a call 01952 505 053

or scan this site for info. http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

you will find more info here than from SCT. SCT telford sold the AVTECH 761ASV might be worth giving them a call 01952 505 053

or scan this site for info. http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

Thanks. I checked the site out and it's very helpful. I couldn't find anything on a sata/ide converter though. Any ideas on which ones would work with the anvtech dvr's?

After looking up and down the internet I can't seem to find the avtech sata01 ide converter. I will just have to try a different one and hope that it works. Is there anyone that has had success with a certain model over others? I could always go with a 500gb ide but I would rather go with a 1tb sata if I can since it's a better drive and cheaper.

TIA