redisol

Bright light from lampost obscuring my camera video

I used to have a fairly usable video from my camera pointing at the gate until the government installed a very bright lamp post just outside the gate. Now, my camera is almost blind at night and all I can see is a blob of bright light. I tried to adjust the brightness settings but this doesn't seem to help. Is there a way to correct this? Would a camera with auto iris help?

What you need is a WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) camera. These cameras can handle wide brightness differences. Others can suggest specific models, as I have none...

A more expensive camera may help, better light handling with or without Auto Iris, though ofcourse if going that route get one with Auto Iris. Dont necessarily need WDR though. What are the specs of the camera you have now?

Thanks. I don't remember the actual specs but it's one of those generic type with Sharp CCD which looks similar to this:

China_CCTV_Dome_Camera_SF_3056GH20108121-1.jpg

Anyway, I managed to improve the video somehow by removing the front glass housing and tilting it downwards a little. The glare is still there but it's not as bad as before. At least I can now view the parts without the glare.