Sign in to follow this  
GINOSMYTH

Need DVR or DVR card for 27X Ebay dome and 3 cameras?

Hi Guys,

Have just bought a 27X PTZ speed dome camera and have several low 'standard' cameras (0-1 lux sony ccd)

I currently use a generic 4 channel pci card with pico 2000 software but not really happy with the performance. I also have a swann 4 channel pci card that is essentially the same, think they may be a cheap copy of a Geovision card?

I'm not sure whether to go the standalone dvr or the computer card route. I have a couple of PC's sitting around at the mo. I know the PC is more versatile, but tempted to say a good standalone will be a easier option

I need remote viewing, and ideally for the iphone and also PTZ controls (up to 4 cams), perhaps 100fps, but nothing else too fancy. My budget is around 200 pounds.

Can anyone advise and recommend a system and I'm mew to CCTV and don't know what is available on the market.

Any advice much appreciated

best wishes - Brian G Smyth

Hi Guys,

Have just bought a 27X PTZ speed dome camera and have several low 'standard' cameras (0-1 lux sony ccd)

I currently use a generic 4 channel pci card with pico 2000 software but not really happy with the performance. I also have a swann 4 channel pci card that is essentially the same, think they may be a cheap copy of a Geovision card?

I'm not sure whether to go the standalone dvr or the computer card route. I have a couple of PC's sitting around at the mo. I know the PC is more versatile, but tempted to say a good standalone will be a easier option

I need remote viewing, and ideally for the iphone and also PTZ controls (up to 4 cams), perhaps 100fps, but nothing else too fancy. My budget is around 200 pounds.

Can anyone advise and recommend a system and I'm mew to CCTV and don't know what is available on the market.

Any advice much appreciated

best wishes - Brian G Smyth

this is a good little unit. you can connect your ptz without buying a controller. http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=232