mssec

3G / 4G DVR's

We received an interesting call today from a towing company looking to install mobile dvr's in each of their trucks. They are looking to be able to monitor remotely, live, while the tow trucks are in service.

A couple questions came out of this:

1) Does anyone currently use a reliable 3G/4G mobile DVR? Are there any specific standard mobile DVR's that a 3G/4G antenna could be configured on and operate reliably?

2) How would the stream be while monitoring remotely with 3G at the DVR end and standard cable internet on the monitoring end?

We received an interesting call today from a towing company looking to install mobile dvr's in each of their trucks. They are looking to be able to monitor remotely, live, while the tow trucks are in service.

A couple questions came out of this:

1) Does anyone currently use a reliable 3G/4G mobile DVR? Are there any specific standard mobile DVR's that a 3G/4G antenna could be configured on and operate reliably?

2) How would the stream be while monitoring remotely with 3G at the DVR end and standard cable internet on the monitoring end?

one system you could look at is aver mobile. the problem is using a cost effective mobile network going on the Uverse network system might be a good one to look at in the UK it is supplied by vodafone and i think in america it is under AT&T

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=178

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?Id=256&Tab=Specification

This is an interesting concept. We have one customer who have GPS trackers in their trucks, that display the truck positions on a map on a huge plasma screen in their dispatch center... wonder if I could sell them on such a setup? Would any of these systems allow me to receive the video into their existing DVR in their head office? Their dispatchers already use remote viewing on the DVR to check their yards for truck and personnel locations, it would be really slick to add truck video in there as well.

Soundy I totally agree with you but only if you go with there mobile system for everything.

Also are mobile system has the maps just like your have on your GPS devices but when you click on the truck position the live video shows up on the screen along with the trucks information.