Sign in to follow this  
qman

Pelco DX8000

I went to the NEACC Show yesterday, and saw pretty much the same, but since there was no as much people, I was able to use a lot of different things.

Onw thing that I was in was the Pelco Bus. Some of you might know it, although the rep told me that they have 4, and one more almost done.

They where showcasing their CM9700 series switchers, combined with a CISCO Managed switch, and also using their FT8500 series fiber transmitters. Controlling them thru any of their different keypads, and hooked to their different DVRs.

Now, pelco does not have the best dvr's out there. But the DX8000 did suprise me. I was playing with their COAXITRON stuff, and the image quality of those cameras you can't beat. The search funcion was really powerfull, expecially since you can drag a camera over to the viewing screen, and thumbprints from the last 24 hours of recording would show.

The unit was a little confusing to use at the beginning, but once you get the hang of it, you would see how powerfull the unit is.

Price is up there, but you do get a lot of DVR for your money.

Can't believe that I'm endorsing another DVR other than I-VIEW

No Pelco trucks in this 'hood', herminshs

Did you see anything of their new Endura network system, and if so, what did you think?