cmanvar

Adding IP Cameras to DiBos 8.5

hi,

i have 6 Bosch Flexidome IP Cameras and ONE DVR ( DiBos-8.5 ). it was configured before by some of our engineers before and it was functional as well. but somehow it stopped proper function and lost most of features.

yesterday i visited the site and understood that all cameras added to the system is not showing any video other than a black screen.

so i removed all cameras and added again but the result was same with an error message " Device Camera-2 connection faulty ".

did anybody face this problems before ?? have you seen this errors before..??

please let me know how can we come out from this problems..

attached snapshots also..

Thanks,

Anvar

did anything change in the network setup recently? someone reset a router/switch somewhere?

also is the DVR near where the ethernet cable of the cameras go into? if so maybe take a small home router and plug in one camera and the DVR into that... and start the troubleshooting from there?

Unfortunatly Bosch IP not known good by members of this site)))))

My suggestion is the following: Dowload the latest version for Dibos. It is 8.7 already. Upgrade it. Than Upgrade all bosch ip cameras. Than It should start work again))))

DiBos it is Widows XP PC based sollution.... we has a project with 8 of them. Once all of them was stoped because of Viruses ))))

Have a fun with upgrading!

Reboot the machine into admin mode and use the cmd prompt to ping the camera address's.

"connection faulty" usually means the Dibos cant talk to the camera via the network.

I suspect they will not respond as there is a network issue.

If they do respond try opening IE when in the admin mode and logging into the camera via the browser.

Connection faulty will also come up if you have a wireless link or similar choke point and are trying to send data faster than it can handle.