bpzle

Standalone DVRs for Macs?

Anyone know of any standalone DVRs with the ability to view live, playback, have audio, AND be viewed on a Mac? That's a tall order, I know.

I sell a lot of budget units that work in any browser, but none that can playback archived video via Safari or any kind of Mac compatible client software.

Thanks Rory!

Before this post I did search the forum via Google and I ran accross a thread where you had screenshots on a Mac... Is that Mac client software full featured? Audo, playback, live... the works??

Any mobile apps?

Yeah basically the same as the Windows software, in fact I believe it might be emulated but didnt have a chance to play with it myself - a colleague uses it though. Havent used audio myself but the software has the feature. They have mobile apps for almost everything.

Dahua ... on the cheap side though.

They are coming out with a Linux program too.

Good to know Dahua has Mac client, in case someone asks around... What do you mean "on the cheap side", that they have client for their low end DVRs? Or that you consider Dahua a "cheap" manufacturer?

Thanks!

I use mac computers exclusively at home and a lot of stuff is only compatible with PCs.

What I do instead is run a virtual machine with a windows installation. You can find software like VirtualBox that lets you do it for free, or you could go with VMWareFusion that costs around $70. You also have to figure in the windows OS licensing too.

Dahua ... on the cheap side though.

They are coming out with a Linux program too.

Good to know Dahua has Mac client, in case someone asks around... What do you mean "on the cheap side", that they have client for their low end DVRs? Or that you consider Dahua a "cheap" manufacturer?

Thanks!

Yes budget DVRs.

I wonder if the AVTECH software will run through WINE under OSX.

If one could afford a mac they should be able to afford something better than an AvTech

If one could afford a mac they should be able to afford something better than an AvTech

" title="Applause" /> So true... lol.

" title="Applause" /> So true... lol.

Chris you tried their Suse app yet on linux? I cant even download Suse though its taking too long .. I have ubuntu but wont work with that.

Chris you tried their Suse app yet on linux? I cant even download Suse though its taking too long .. I have ubuntu but wont work with that.

Nah, I can't stand AVTech. Can't tell you how many customers I lost selling rebranded AVTech's(this was at my previous company). They would either break down in a couple months or simply look so terrible the customer would return it.

I used to joke with my product guy about the AVTech he had sitting on the bench. "Are you sure you want that thing on overnight? It's gotta be a fire hazard."

Nah, I can't stand AVTech. Can't tell you how many customers I lost selling rebranded AVTech's(this was at my previous company). They would either break down in a couple months or simply look so terrible the customer would return it.

I used to joke with my product guy about the AVTech he had sitting on the bench. "Are you sure you want that thing on overnight? It's gotta be a fire hazard."

no i meant dahua .. they have PSS for Suse Linux now .. I have it here .. but I have no Suse

no i meant dahua .. they have PSS for Suse Linux now .. I have it here .. but I have no Suse

Oh that makes sense lol.

No I haven't, didn't know it was out yet. I'll have to check it out.

PSSClient works on Ubuntu 10.04

Is this the Suse version or is there another one? Thanks.