I thort i had a problem with my dvr because at around 220GB of 250GB hard drive it keeps poping up disk full i looked at the manual and saw that the hard drive wasnt listed so i thort it was probably that so i emailed avtech and told them the problem and they said its because i have it on motion detect and once the event log reaches 6144 it pops up hard drive full even tho its not i know there isnt an easy way round this except for having it on overwrite or constantly recording but i want it only to record when there is motion at first i thort i will just have to clear the logs but it doesnt work would there be a way to modify the dvr software? the dvr is a avtech avc773

cheers

I have used the 16 channel AvTech, not this one. But, using Motion Detection recording and overwrite it will not give you this message. Without overwrite in any record mode, you will always get this message. What exactly are you looking to achieve??

Rory

I cant remember where i read it i think it might of been on this forum but someone got the firmware and edited it for there dvr to do something it didnt do out the box, i have got it on overwrite at the moment but that means it is only using 20GB of the 250GB hard drive so only about a months worth i wanted to somehow disable the event log for motion detection so then it wont log motion time and make it pop up disk full