nester

What system (Replacing AVTECH)

A friend of mine has two facilities, both had 16CH Alarmking PC DVR's.

One of the Alarmking boxes fell victim to some sort of power surge, and we replaced it with a AVTECH AVC798D/AVC798 unit that a previous consultant had purchased for them but never installed.

The AVTECH works reasonably well, after I updated to the latest firmware, and it's nice to be able to view over our phones, but trying to find anything after the fact is a nightmare. With the alarm king web app, it should you each motion event in a chart, and you could click from event to event and watch it, download if you want..

On the AVTECH, i've found it's "easiest" to just download large chunks of video and then watch it on the pc, hoping to find what I want.. but if something happened over a unknown period of time, it's a major undertaking to find. To the point where petty stuff might be thrown to the wayside out of consideration of time spent to value returned.

So, I'm looking for suggestions as to what to replace it with. We're open to standalone dvr, pc-dvr, linux/windows, etc..

Just needs to be reasonably easy to find events, and would preferably have both apps for Android and iOS.

Any suggestions would be keen.

I've never used an AvTech, but from what I read about them here, I think a chimp with a crayon and sketchpad would be a reasonable equivalent...

No one here has an opinion?

this is a good replacement for a avtech. http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/productdetail.aspx?id=136

Might be a bit out of my price range, although it looks pretty awesome. At this point, I don't need anything hybrid, already have 16 analog cameras deployed.

I actually considering the Bluecherry card and Software. It seems to be pretty neat, although I'm kind of bummed they don't have a public demo... It's right in my price range, and the client already has a PC to put it in..

I've never used an AvTech, but from what I read about them here, I think a chimp with a crayon and sketchpad would be a reasonable equivalent...

The video quality is fine, and the FPS is pretty good. It's just the finding things that sucks.

I think if you wanted to monitor 4 cameras with a lot of action, it'd be ok.. or a 16ch setup in a warehouse or office with low traffic.. but for an apartment complex with a lot of ins, outs, and what-have-yous... it's totally not worth it.

I have a another company that I'm courting as a client, and they have one in a gas station (16ch) and they have a lot of trouble finding anything, if they don't have an exact time.. although I guess it's still miles ahead of the VCR they upgraded from.