encryptedtt

need advice in setting up a DVR

Hello everyone

I am suppose to do an installation as follows:

Building A have an internet connection, now I have to install cameras in building B some 500ft away where there is no internet connection. Now the company has already purchase the cameras and dvr system. My question is how do I configure the DVR and get it on the internet for it to be access by a computer in Building A.

your input will be greatly appreciated.

HOW to configure the DVR will depend a bit on the DVR itself and the internet setup... first issue is to get the client to install internet into building B.

Is there any way to pull wiring between the two buildings? The other option, if you can do this, is to locate the DVR in building A and just wire the cameras in building B. Or, use ethernet extenders to run ethernet from building A to building B - GEM, for example, makes two models that will allow you run ethernet up to 1200m, one over coax, one over Cat5e.

If there's any existing wiring between buildings, such as phone multicore, you could use baluns to send the video over unused pairs, or DSL adapters to put an ethernet connection over an unused pair.

Lots of options, but more info is needed to make a solid determination.

Thank you for your response.

the client does not want a separate internet as the 2 buildings is in the same compound. To run a hard line between buildings is not recommended as it will cost to much to cut a trench and i am also looking at the distance (500ft). i am thinking more of a wireless solution.

i should have mention, that building B needs to be on a network as the accounts departments is in there. Therefore my main problem is getting the internet in that building without running a hard line.

Isn't there some kind of professional wireless internet solution like outdoor mounted wireless antenna on Building A. Then some kind of wireless Ethernet bridge on Bld B to pick up the signal from A and connect to the DVR?

Or is this Sci Fi?

jxk716 I am looking for advice, if you have knowledge please share. If I know what to do I would not be on this forum asking for advice.

Just trying to get the creative process going for the group here. Next time I'll only respond if I can help you directly.

Isn't there some kind of professional wireless internet solution like outdoor mounted wireless antenna on Building A. Then some kind of wireless Ethernet bridge on Bld B to pick up the signal from A and connect to the DVR?

Or is this Sci Fi?

www.ubiquiti.com - often used and highly recommended by other members of this forum.