leesiulung

Help: Security System DIY

I have used the AD-2000 dialer in the past though thats for regular phone line, it can dial phones, pages, cells, etc. Some alarm panels have that feature built in though limited. But also search for UNIVERSAL CELLULAR DIALER.

Regarding the GSM, can I use my own SIM card. Let's say a prepaid card from T-Mobile and have it call me when something happens?

Not certain, but I don't think so. Do you have an Ademco panel? If so, this is what you want. http://www.nutech.com/online-store/35.html It's cheap, and you are free to do whatever you want.

Best,

Christopher

Regarding the GSM, can I use my own SIM card. Let's say a prepaid card from T-Mobile and have it call me when something happens?

Not certain, but I don't think so. Do you have an Ademco panel? If so, this is what you want. http://www.nutech.com/online-store/35.html It's cheap, and you are free to do whatever you want.

Best,

Christopher

I'm looking at getting a DSC 1832 recommended earlier as one of the easier units to put togheter. It seems it is also simplified.

The reason why I'm going with GSM is I don't have a phone line at home and I don't plan on having internet either while gone for 3-6 months at a time.

There is a company who specializes in cellular GSM dialers.... out of California. Used them once. Can't remember the name.... but basically you pop in a prepaid cellular sim card and you're set for a year of use. Like $40 a year?? Pretty cool... but upfront equipment cost wasn't cheap.