redliner

In car CCTV system

Hey guys!

Can anyone tell me how to properly install a car CCTV system. I need 4 cameras and a recording device (could be a compact dvr or preferibly recording onto a laptop). One camera will observe the driver, other the passenger, the other two rear and front windows.

Thanks!

a few different systems around. for eg avermedia make a mobile DVR.

cameras small mini camera will do the job. ok especially for inside the car. outside gets tricky. full size cameras are better but harder to fit.

the single biggest problem with mobile DVR (including laptops) is vibration kills hardrives (also rapid heat changes). i go through one every 6-12 months. really need to use SSD drives but they are limited in size and are expensive.

Geovision sells a mobile DVR that is ready to install into a car. It has anti vibration mounts, a remote, runs on dc (you will need to install it behind a fuse and so forth). Purchase the cameras and hard drive separately depending on your needs. I don't know if you can get one directly from them or if you have to go through a distributor. You can PM me if you want and I'll price you one.

We install these on school buses.